Tuesday, September 20, 2005

1 week...

Well, it's really coming now. I can't believe in one week I will be off flying on a plane over the ocean. I am looking forward to the adventures I will have in France and being an English assistant. Most of all I can't wait to speak FRENCH!!!! Many, so many times at work this summer when I got the chance to speak to french people, I got sooooo excited. I have heard so much french over the years and read so much french, but speaking it....a minimal. I don't know what it is about the language, or languages in general, but I love it.

Anyway, I'm sure you've had enough of that. I have the first 2 days after my arrival in Paris on September 27 at 6:40 am. I will be heading into the big city of Paris and spending the night in a hotel with 2 other Canadians. One that I went to school with at Laurier and the other a girl I met online(message board for assistants) who is from St. Kitts. We will spend the day around the city I am assuming...definitely going to a french bakery....one of my favorite places. There will be 2 other girls joining us at the hotel for the night and we are meeting up with a couple others for dinner that night. The next day I will take the train at 1 to the city of Châteauroux where I will arrive at 3 and be picked up by an english teacher and taken to my town La Châtre which is 40 minutes from the train station. There is an apartment/room for me at the school which has a shared kitchen and shower. Hopefully the other people are nice. It is free for me, so I am not going to complain at all.

Packing is going well, so far everything has fit. I just hate having to wait to finish because I want to pack the clothes I'm wearing. hehe. I went to the MP and he set me up with some Canada pins and a huge Canada Flag which I will definitely have hanging in my room! Once I get to the city I feel like there is sooo much I have to do. I have to go to get my resident card, open a bank account, get a cell phone, figure out how to get to the city, go shopping for blankets and some food and figure out my way around town. I'm sure there are some things that I am missing, but I will start a "to do" list. I seem to be good at that lately.

I am going to miss Canada. I am going to miss my family and friends. So many great, important people that I care about here, but this is my dream! I can't wait to get over there and live "à la française". Keep in touch!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home