Thursday, December 01, 2005

"Don't make friends with students"

Well, seeing as I put that title in quotations, lets say this...I disagree with what I was told by superieurs. If you are living in a small town, where there is a lack of people in the age range of 21 to 27 (me being 23) you can't really survive without becoming somewhat friends with your students. I have hung out with a couple. Sophal, from Cambodia, who is a student of mine, who is actually 23. And today i went out with Arnaud and grabbed a drink(in this case coke) when we had some time to kill. After I hung out with a few of the students in the library until we got kicked out for being too loud. HAHA, the assistant got kicked out of the CDI(library). The students are nice, and I am happy to start to know some of them on a different level than being a teacher. I am super happy today, going to go take some pictures of the Christmas lights in town in a few. I am starting to enjoy making my lessons, which I need to do a little more prep for tomorrow class, but all is good!
Tomorrow as I said I am heading to Bourges, and then Lucy and Caitlin are going to be headed to La Chatre and we are going to have a little night out on the town. Going to check out "L'AMAZON", which is the big night club in town. We'll see how it is. Im sure we will make it fun, maybe can even meet some ppl my age that live in the area!!! That would be good. hehe, anyway, should be a good weekend.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoop it up at L'Amazon! Hopefully Mr. Ears from the pub will be there! Make sure you talk to him....seemed cute!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home