Sunday, June 04, 2006

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

Well, you read it. I'm happy! It's nice to be home and see the family. I do really enjoy spending time with them so it is great to be able to. Thought it is a change and I do miss my life in France. It's funny, I have not seen a single friend since I have been home, and it has been 2 weeks. I don't know why but it really hasn't bothered me as much as it would have use to in the past. I have talked to Bernard the most out of anyone(not including the folks obviously) since being home and he is 6000km away(I am not complaining whatsoever, wish we could actally talk more, but the 6 hour time difference makes things difficult). I am so happy that we are able to keep in touch because I miss him tons and look forward to going back to France at the end of the summer . After talking to a few people here and comparing things a bit to Europe I realise that North Americans don't really have the "community" drive in them. I don't know, maybe it is just me but I feel that everyone seems to be so worried about themselves(either as one or as a couple) that they don't spend much time going out and being with friends(maybe this has more to do with couples though I don't think so). Why can't everyone hang out together, single people and couples and people not feel like a third wheel. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong or maybe I don't know how to explain this well but anyway, it's not that big of a deal.
Had a nice weekend in Oakville at my Lindsay & Rich's place. Nice to get away from Fenwick for a bit and get a change of scenery. Looking forward to starting work on Wednesday and getting busier not only with work but doing things and getting together with some friends.
Take it easy everyone

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

come visit me this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!id love it.. im getting stir crazy!!!!!!!!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home