Friday, May 26, 2006

almost a week...

Well, it has been almost been a week since I have been home and things are more or less back to normal. Ok, back to the way I left them, more or less. I have not spoken to a lot of my friends nor seen a lot of them. It's not the same here. My friends are not close and everyone seems to have a busy life. I am actually looking forward to starting work next week. I am excited to get doing something. I miss my life in France. People here are always so rushed. It's like you cant take the extra time to enjoy your meal. I keep forgetting that things are open past 19h/19h30 and that stores are open during lunch hour. It's different. Food seems to taste more bland, not enough zip to it. I guess you get use to it. It's just a change. I love seeing my family but my life overseas is missed. I wish I could live there and only have to travel an hour to visit my family. That would be the perfect set up. I have talked to a Bernard and a couple other friends in France since being home. I wish it was easier to be in touch, but with different schedules and the time change it makes things difficult. Today I was in the car and all I wanted to do was send an SMS. Two problems, I didnt have a cell phone and they don't always work internationally. I should write an email instead but that will just make me miss more.
I am getting my haircut with my sister tomorrow. Maybe i'll post a picture of the new me after.
Alright, that is all for now. Not much more going on here. Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey doll.

its strange that you are closer to me now and that i talk to you less. i work too much and have little access to the internet. anyways just wanted to say that i am thinking of you and still reading your blog. we need to get together soon. love ya. Amber

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home