Monday, May 15, 2006

Last week here...

Well, where did I leave off. It was the end of the holidays. That Saturday night I was supposed to go out with Stephanie and she made me angry. She said 21h30 or 21h45 she would be ready to go out and then at 20h she sent me a text saying there was something on tv she wanted to watch till about 23h. The reason it made me really angry was that she changed her mind the friday night and didnt want to go out. If I would have known it was going to be like that I would have gone away for the weekend. Oh well! We went to Bourges on the Sunday. We saw some concerts outside in the street. It was a nice festival atmosphere. We took 2 trains and a bus to get there and were supposed to do the same home. Well, we got back to Chateauroux at 20h30 and there is normally a bus at 20h45. Waiting....waiting....waiting! NO BUS!!! We werent the only 2. There was some other dude there waiting. He wasn't going nearly as far as us, lucky for him. We didnt really know what to do so decided we would head to the outskirts of the city and try hitchhiking. On our way the guy told us he had a friend coming to pick him up and maybe he could give us a ride. He got there and had no seats in the back. We climbed in and lied down. He was going to advance us a bit to his town. Halfway he said he'd stop at his and get the seats then drive us to La Chatre. It was really sweet of him. It was quite the adventure. I dont really remember what I did during the week, but that Friday I met up with Bernard for lunch in the city and Lucy for a drink before heading to Tours to meet up with a friend(Gresko). We hadn't seen each other in a year, and it takes being in France for us to meet up. Quite funny. It was a nice night, finally got to meet Thomas. We went out for a drink at some patio(a huge square) as the weather was decent. Now I remember what I did all week. I spent the afternoons down by the river trying to tan a little as the weather was beautiful around 23-25°C. The Saturday I headed home and that night was the celebration for the birthday of Lise. We went to a bar/restaurant, had a huge meal, apps, entrée, cheese and dessert. I didnt dance, but had a good laugh at those that did.
On the Tuesday I headed out to Mulhouse. It was a long day of travel, in total about 10hours. Had to wait in Chateauroux after the bus then change stations in Paris. Claude, the prof from Mulhouse met me at the station. I stayed at his place till Friday. Him and his wife are very sweet. I had a nice stay and met some people(working there now and frenchies). It was a nice stay. Checked out a couple apartments, though still not sure.
I got back to La Chatre Friday. Met up with Bernard then went to the London's Club to meet Steffi and Laurent. The usual a few drinks and some darts. Saturday I went for a tour of the region with Manola. It was a fun day, although not the best weather. We did manage to avoid the rain for the most part. When we were at the Tabac (corner store) I was waiting for Manola by myself and some guy came over and started chatting with me. Wierdo! haha. We ended at her place where I helped her with some computer stuff and ate cake from the pastry shop. MMM. I headed to a restaurant with Bernard and some friends for dinner and then to the London to meet up with Stephanie. Slow start for me as I was tired but it was a fun last weekend there(at the London that is). I had taken a cream egg to Franky, the owner as he hadnt stopped talking about it. We had a nice night and some good chats. Played darts like usual, and got a sticker and coaster from the bar for souvenirs. Yesterday Bernard and I took care of his niece went to a garage sale type thing and for a hike. Then to some friends for cocktail hour which turned into dinner also. The weather is nice here, not sure why I am sitting inside on the computer but oh well, update. Heading to the city tomorrow to meet up with Lucy and Caitlin.
This week is going to fly by. I am heading to Paris on Friday as my flight is Saturday morning. This time Saturday I will be in Fenwick, I think...atleast in Canada. I'm off for now, Cheers!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i miss france already... at least u had 2 more weeks there!
cant wait for u to come home!
see ya on the other side!

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salut darling,

Dommage que ça s'arrête si tôt, tu vas me manquer :-(... Cela aura été une belle rencontre, très enrichissante, u're wonderful,i hope u'll be happy in ur life... Kisses...

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home