Friday, September 22, 2006

I'm still alive

Well, I have not been very good at updating this. I still don't have internet at home, though I do now have it set up in my office with my laptop. It is 18h22 and I am finally done classes for the week. I worked 26 hours, which is very tiring when these kids are staring at you like they have no clue what you are saying and they are not saying a word. It's repetitive.
So I have only worked for 2 weeks now and it's going alright, though I am questioning how I am going to come up with enough lessons (2 hour classes) and keep the students interested. That is the biggest challenge. Doing something that interests the students. I am sure I will eventually figure it out. Hopefully that will happen sooner than later.
I went and got things sorted out for my Carte de Sejour(residence/work permit). My room is a disaster....need to get more organised. I need a bookshelf...that is what I really need to get things sorted. Maybe I will get to that this weekend. I am going to go to Colmar tomorrow which is a city not too far from here with some other English people. Yes, I know...they are English. I need to meet some Frenchies, though it's not that easy. I'm trying to work on it, but I have only been here for 2 weeks, in Mulhouse. Next weekend I will be going to see Bernard. I am leaving on Thursday after my classes on the train....yipee to long train rides(haha). Maybe I will do some work on the train....if I'm good. I can't wait to go. It will be a good weekend I hope. On Friday I will meet the new assistant in La Chatre and I will have lunch with Remi and maybe some other teachers. I am looking forward to seeing some friends that know me.
Things are different here, and maybe I am forgetting how things were at the beginning when I was in La Chatre, but I like to think of the good things. I am not used to living with someone I don't know and not hanging out with the person I live with. It's a change that I just have to get used to and maybe things will change over time. We will see.
I wanted to sign up for French classes but they are only offered on Saturday mornings and you have to sign up for 12 weeks. I can't do that....I would love to, but I know I would miss too many to make it worth my money. Shitty. I have to call a woman about tutoring her child in English. It will have to wait for a bit, but I don't see why not, I could make 20euros an hour.
I have a week holidays at the end of October(Toussaint) which will be a great break, and then after that my schedule is fairly light until Christmas. Yipee! I have tentative plans for the Toussaint holidays but they will be firmed up soon.
Anyway, I am going to go, I need to do a few things before heading home seeing as I have no internet at home. Take care, Chat soon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home