Monday, August 28, 2006

The big day...

Well, I had started writing on Friday but got side tracked and never ended up finishing.
Today is the day! I am leaving for France tonight. I have been excited for this day for quite sometime and I wake up feeling a little nervous. That is weird. I am going to miss my family, but I am so happy that I am going to see Bernard. It has been so long and I have missed him so much.
This week has gone by really quickly. I thought it was going to drag on because I was anxious to go to France, but I was wrong. I spent some time with the family, pizza and wings with my mom. Went out on Wednesday for dinner to the Olive Garden with Darcie and some customs girls and then to a bar in Fort Erie. It was fun to hang out with Darcie like old times. Thursday went to my grandmas for the night and friday golfed with my mom and dad. Got to see my sister and brother in law this weekend as well as the grandparents.

This weekend has been up and down, a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. I am so looking forward to being back in France and seeing Bernard, but the "leaving my family" bit sucks. It's not usually a big problem once I am there and settled (sure I have my moments) but we are all living our own lives and mine is just there. It will all work out.
I have some things to finish packing and I need to get myself all cleaned up. Of course I want to look atleast half decent when I get to see my Frenchman. :)
I better get my ass in gear, already 9h00 and I still have to visit a few people on my way to the airport today....talk about last minute. Hahah

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hope your trip over is better than the trip back to Canada was!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home