Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Whatelse is new...

Well, I am not very good at keeping this thing upto date this year. Ooops. I don't know why, it's not like I dont have any free time.
So, I started giving private english lessons about 2 weeks ago. The guy is the same age as me. He is a history teacher, though only a supply. It's nice to have a little bit of extra income, though I am going to try and save that all and not spend it.
This weekend Bernard is coming. I can't wait for him to get here....I am so impatient. He wont get here till late Friday night as he working that day and then driving down. Ican't wait to be able to discover a little bit of the area with him. He has never been to Alsace. Plus, the Christmas markets are beginning so that is very exciting. It's been about 3 weeks since we saw each other last. And then we probably wont see each other until my Christmas break. We are going to San Sebastian Spain for New Years Eve, 3 days. That should be lots of fun.
This Saturday Bernard and I decided to have a raclette....so I have invited a few friends over for dinner and some drinks. I think it will be an enjoyable evening. My roomie hasn't had raclette before and I'm always talkinng about it. For those of you don't know it's potatoes with melted cheese and meats (cold cuts). There is a machine, and each person has a little thing to melt their own cheese. Mmmmm....I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. I LOVE RACLETTE!!!
I am going to be going to Lille to see my friends from my highschool exchange in 2.5 weeks. That will be interesting because we have not seen each other in about 4 years. It will be a nice girls weekend.
I am debating different places to visit. Looking for another little vacation. I have 2 weeks off for Christmas, then 2 weeks of class and 2 weeks off. Then 3 weeks of class and 2 weeks off. Then 5 weeks of class and 2 weeks off. I may take an extra week off in April as I will be going home. My sister will have her baby. I have to decide soon so I can ask for that week off. I should think about that this weekend. I also have to really think about what I want to do next year. Claude mentioned to me today about deciding whether or not I will come back next year.
Well, I think I have made up for not writing in forever today. I will try and write more regularily, but no promises. :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love raclette as well! It is such a great social activity! You should post some pictures if you have any...

7:58 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

I'll have to take some photos this weekend and post them. mmm....i can't wait for raclette.

3:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

can someone make me some Raclette please?! Ive never tried it!

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home