Saturday, January 28, 2006

The French make me laugh

Well, I woke up this morning to about 4 - 6 inches of snow on the ground. That is right folks...hell has frozen over in France...ok well, a little over reacting, but they act like there is like 2 feet of snow.
I have mixed feelings about this snow today...only because I was supposed to be finally going to the "Amazone" (and it was Chippendales night) and due to the snow, my friends couldnt make it. That just sucks. Though the snow made me excited!!!
I went to the grocery store and ran into a few students who decided to throw snowballs at me. Luckily they are cute ones. hahah.
So the funny things about the french. One, in most parts of France they are not equipped with snow plows, so the resort to tractor type things which is quite amusing. Even to salt the roads they have a tractor type thing. Good for a laugh.
Alright, so some funny things I saw....skateboards with no wheels being used as snowboards, though not on hills, but rather just a slight incline, brooms and dust pans being used as shovels and last but not least bushes being used as the fort/wall you would build to have a snowball fight.
Gotta love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home