Sunday, October 09, 2005

Weekend in Châteauroux

Well, on Friday evening I headed into the city to meet up with some assistants and spend the weekend with them. I took the bus that evening and was met at the station by Caitlin, Neha and Rosie. We dropped my stuff off at Caitlins and went to the store to get some groceries and food for dinner at Carrefour. After dinner, around 1015 we headed out to a little bar for the evening. We met up with all the other assistants in the city. This bar was SUPER little and so smokey! Not my favorite place to be, that is for sure! It was a decent evening, note to self, NEVER order hard liquor there again because a vodka/orange was 5euros (=7.50CAD). That is outrageous. The bartender later in the evening brought us free shots. That was pretty nice. Caitlin and I didnt stay super late because we were both pretty tired. When we got home there was this krazy bug in her room. It was sort of like a centipede(i think) with about 50legs, but they were like legs on a spider. It was creepy! Anyway, he was super quick and her ceiling is about 10feet, but I managed to kill the damn thing!!! Yipee for me! Saturday we slept in till about 11 and then had some food went to the internet (she needs to go somewhere to use it). The city was overtaken by cobwebs overnight and it was not cool. Walking down the street, every 5minutes you would be attacked by one. Then to get food/shopping but we ended up just grabbing food for a picnic and headed to a nice park(to meet some others), where there happened to be the "Coupe de France triathalon". It was a beautiful warm weekend so we ate out on the grass and watched all the hottie athletes in their spandex shorts and speedos. It was a nice afternoon.
We went back to Carrefour that evening and I bought a few needed things including a straightner seeing as mine does NOT want to work here. This one is pretty cool because it is a "wet n' dry" one, meaning it drys your hair at the same time. Im interested to see if it actually works. We'll see tomorrow.
Saturday night we went out to a cafe where there was a magician. We had a drink and enjoyed the show. He was really good actually. Nice evening, but another pretty early night. Man, I feel so old not being able to stay out late. Haha!
All in all it was a good weekend! Nice to get out of the city and great to hang out with the girls. Im looking forward to the next time.
Now Im just trying to figure out what I am going to do with my holidays coming up. I really am not sure what I am going to do. I will hopefully get to see my friends from highschool up in the north of France. Finally been in touch with most of them. Yipee!!!
Well, that is about it. Im jealous of all those Canadians who get to enjoy turkey dinner this weekend. Oh well, its not the end of the world and hey, Im in France!!! Enjoy the holiday, think of me while Im working. I have to prep my lesson tonight. I have found an article on Canadian Thanksgiving that I am going to use. Goodtimes!
Still need some ideas on what OLP song I should use in the class, post a comment, PLEASE!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, It sounds like you're having an amazing time! I'm so jealous. Happy Thanksgiving hun. Miss ya lots.
Rachael

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home